Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Catching Up

I confess, it has been forever since I've posted. It's not as if I don't have anything to write about, because, trust me, we have definitely been super busy. Where do I even begin?

The summer officially flew by. We enjoyed two beach vacations this summer - one with each side of our families. We spent a week in Ocean City, NJ with the K's and one week in the Outer Banks, NC with the W's. Mason absolutely loved the water and could've stay in the pool for hours. He was a prune by the time we finally insisted that he take a break from the pool each day. What a fish he's going to be! It's no surprise that he is a total outdoorsman. He literally cries when we bring him inside from swinging or riding his bike. He would love to spend the entire day outside if he could.















In other news, my 9 glorious months of maternity leave have ended. I am so thankful that I was able to spend so much time with Mason during the first year of his little life. Luckily, he has been so adaptable to our child care routine. This had made is so much easier than I was expecting... not to say that the first couple days weren't a little emotional! I'm fortunate that my job keeps me busy. As soon as I walk through the door at school, the day is a whirlwind. Before I know it, I'm packing my bag to go home to my smiling baby. All in all, everything is going amazingly well.

In less than 2 short months, we will be celebrating Mason's first birthday! I can not believe how fast time flies with a little one. One year old?? Already? Wow. Mason is quite the mover these days. Although he's not walking yet, he has mastered pulling himself up with the help of furniture or a windowsill or really anything that he can get his hands on. He is all over the place and is such an active boy. You can tell he so badly wants to walk, he just can't figure it out quite yet -- and I'm totally okay with that. Let's not rush these milestones!








3 comments:

  1. I loved the little update! So glad to hear that the school/daycare transition is working for you. We need to talk SOON!

    xo,
    - e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mason = the most smiley baby ever!! He's just getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to read the family blog! And... the pictures say it all! Memories of great times and lots of smiles-and proud grandparents!

    ReplyDelete