Matt and I will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary this June. It's so hard to believe that 4 years have come and gone so quickly. By far, this was our best year yet with the addition of Mason to our little family.
I remember putting together the invitations with my family. I loved those invitations so much that I decided I really wanted to get one framed to hang in our future home. Sounds simple enough, right? Um, yeah, four years later I finally got around to it. I'm just lucky I still knew where we packed away all the extra invitations! I took my 6.25" x 6.25" invitation to a local chain craft store (who shall remain nameless) to get a quote for a black matte and simple black frame. Afterall, custom orders were 60% for the weekend. Score. The woman put together a beautiful combination that was simple and the cheapest they offered. She typed away in the register and told me it would cost $95. "And then 60% off of that?" I asked. No, that includes the discount. You've got to be kidding me. While I didn't want to completely offend the woman (and make myself look completely cheap) after she put in some time and effort to help me, I looked at Matt nonchalantly and politely said to the woman, "We'll think about it as we walk around the store some more." Matt, who never understands how to be tactful about these things, looks at me and then at the woman as if we both have 3 heads. He literally laughed out loud and followed up with, "There's no way I'm paying a hundred bucks to frame a 6" piece of paper." Although I felt the same way, really Matt? You couldn't just go along with the polite "We'll think about it"?
So we then rummaged through all the frames in the store and finally found a simple black square frame. Who knew it would be so hard to find one? We actually decided to buy two because I also wanted to frame Mason's birth announcement -- and apparently a custom order of that would probably cost another arm and leg. We bought a plain black matte to cut to size, and voila. Here are our inexpensive finished products. I think they look great and I can't wait to hang them. Two of the best memories ever.
i like the blog makeover!
ReplyDelete