Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hershey Med Center: Trish's Newest Find



On Monday, August 22nd we went to the hospital for an ultrasound. This 29 week ultrasound is not exactly routine, but was suggested by the doctor at the last appointment due to having a low-lying placenta. They wanted to monitor the location of the placenta in hopes that it would move to allow for a regular delivery rather than a C-section. Trish again made an appearance for this visit after casually mentioning, "You know, I've never seen an ultrasound in person." This would be her first trip to our local hospital, The Hershey Med Center. The three of us trekked up to the third floor and had a seat in the waiting room. Finally, Matt, Trish, and I were escorted to an exam room. The technician came in, asked a few questions, turned on the large flat screen monitor, and dimmed the lights. "Ooooh, just like a movie theater!"says Trish. We all had our eyes fixed on the monitor watching the baby move around and hoping that he would cooperate for a 3D image. Although he wasn't exactly being photogenic, this was the best she could get. The neatest part was actually watching him open and close his mouth as he was drinking the fluid around him. The doctor came in and was confident that the placenta had moved enough that it shouldn't present a challenge in a normal delivery. His exact words were, "He should be able to just slip right on out." Boy, if only it were that easy.






After the appointment we headed back downstairs to the ground level and headed to the exit. Before we could make our way to the lobby, Trish was lured into a baby boutique, the hospital gift shop, and Starbucks (we couldn't find the Au Bon Pain, or else I'm sure she would  have stopped there, too). As we waited in line at Starbucks, she exclaims, "This place is great! They have everything here. We could easily come here on a Friday night and just spend a couple hours walking around." Trish placed her order and we told her we'd meet her over at the gift shop after we received our drinks. When Matt and I finally got to the gift shop, we looked around for Trish. Nowhere in sight. Eventually we see her in the stockroom of the gift shop, with a bag of all her purchases, introducing herself to the manager and saying how much she enjoyed the gift shop. I have no doubt that she will quickly become their best customer.

**Update as of Wednesday, August 24th**
I called Trish this afternoon to ask her a quick question. I heard lots of background noise and asked her where she was. She kind of laughed at first and then admitted that she and my dad were at the hospital having lunch at Au Bon Pain and exploring the hospital. No joke.

2 comments:

  1. I love the ultrasound pictures and can't wait to meet Baby Boy K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh. I'll admit that I've gone over to the hospital to sit and have a quick cup of coffee with Kevin or eat with him but only because he was working all night and we were visiting him!

    ReplyDelete