Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Highlight of the Day: Floral Paper?

Today was my 28 week appointment. This routine appointment included the pleasure of drinking the delectable orange Glucose Drink, followed by an hour of waiting, and finished off with having blood drawn. Who wouldn't want to start their day like this? Believe it or not, my mom was only too thrilled to voluntarily join me for this occasion.  At 8:15 we followed the nurse into the exam room and made ourselves comfortable. Immediately my mom has a comment that she feels worthy of sharing out loud. "What beautiful floral paper! I've never seen anything like it!" Yes, that's right, folks. She was referring to the paper that is rolled out to cover the exam table.  As if this exclamation to the nurse wasn't enough, she felt compelled to again share her excitement about the floral paper with the midwife as well. Oh, Trish. Aside from laughing, all I could do was smile and explain that this was her first time accompanying me to an appointment. Trish concluded the coversation with, "Wait until I tell my doctor about this paper. All they have at their office is plain white."

Aside from the entertainment my mom provided, everything went well. I drank the glucose drink within the 5 minute limit and then hung out with Trish in the waiting room until it was time to have my blood drawn. Now we await the results and hope all is well. The baby's heartbeat was a healthy and strong rate of 160. Trish claims that hearing the heartbeat was the true highlight of the day, but secretly I think she was still mesmerized by the floral paper. Just kidding.


If she was this excited about the exam table paper, I can only imagine what she'll come up with at next week's ultrasound appointment. It will surely be the Super Bowl of all doctor appointments for her. Big flat screen and all.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, could you have some of that floral paper shipped up to Maine?!? Love it; your mom has the best one-liners!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete