Sunday, October 30, 2011

Waiting Game

The nursery is finished. The hospital bag is packed. The carseat is installed. The clothes are washed, folded, and neatly placed in the drawers (ok actually they're jammed in there because this little boy has more clothes than Matt and me combined). Either way, we're ready and waiting for this little one to make his big entrance. With every day that passes, we wonder if tomorrow might be the day that we end up at the hospital. Each time I leave my classroom at the end of the day, I wonder if I'll be back the following morning. It's a strange feeling to not know when this huge, life-changing event will happen, or even where I'll be. We joke at school that I have my go-to girls in my hallway who are prepared with my doctor's phone number, Matt's cell phone, and Matt's school phone number. Fingers crossed that's not where I'll be, but you never know.






So while we sit here and wait, we will enjoy the scenery of the six inches of snow that have fallen in the last 24 hours -- yes, in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment