On MLK Day, big MLK built a toybox for little MLK.
Translation: On Martin Luther King Day, my talented husband Matthew Lee Kleinfelter built the multifunctional toy box for our son, Mason Luke Kleinfelter.
I promised it was a huge box. It is. Matt began working on the box about 2 weeks ago, on and off. Basketball season is demanding, so he has very little downtime at home. And when he is home, I usually prefer to have him inside enjoying some time with Mason and me. So, we took advantage of the holiday on Monday to finally finish this project. My mom came over for a couple hours to watch Mason, so I could help tackle some of the painting while Matt did the constructing. We used the leftover paint from when we painted the basement so that the box blends in and looks like it belongs there. The compartments in the box will hopefully help us keep toys organized, but will also allow us to use the compartments for different items. Matt has already claimed the left compartment for his dirty work shoes since that end is closest to the sliding door in the basement. I guess he has earned the use of one of the compartments. Thanks, MLK. I know little MLK will use this box for many years!
That is a big box! It will be full in no time, I guarantee it. Also, I never put two and two together with the initials; I love that Matt and Mason share that. And, I wish you guys were all here right now so that Matt could help me build something for our entry way. I think I am going to end up buying a bench or something...I wish I was just a little more handy!
ReplyDelete