We have dreaded bathtime. From Mason's first spongebath, we knew he hated the water and he absolutely hated being naked. For this reason, his baths became few and far between. Probably not the best parenting, but let's just say we didn't follow the every 2-3 day bath schedule. We just couldn't face his screaming in the tub. "Do you think he's starting to smell?" was a direct quote last week when I knew we couldn't avoid a bath for another day. Matt filled the baby tub while I undressed Mason and wrapped him in a towel to keep him warm until the last possible second. We both quickly assumed our roles in the bathing process so it would be as quick as possible. I placed him in the tub and the most amazing thing happened. Nothing. Absolutely not one sound from my baby boy! Now I'm not going to go as far as saying that he was smiling and laughing, but at least he wasn't crying. Instead, he just seemed content. We even spent more time with this bathtime because he was being so pleasant and cooperative. Here are a few shots of Mason's first tear-free bath. And just take a look at that belly!
Good job, Mason! First the play mat and now the tub; you are becoming such a brave boy!
ReplyDelete